Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] (Powd): Equinox

alistair king alistairking@hotmail.com
Tue, 03 Jun 2003 10:10:38 +0000

<P>Sebastian,</P>
<P>That summary on the&nbsp;Equinox summed up the concert way better than I ever could. It was my 1st festival, and at 16 years old&nbsp;I basically walked around wide-eyed and amazed. The other bands were cool, Tool and Skunk Anansie were&nbsp;awesome, but I was definitely there for the oils and the oils only - although I did buy a few albums on the&nbsp;performance of some of the other bands there (saved up my hard earned Macca's money) like Skunkour etc etc. </P>
<P>I definitely remeber a few of my mates (who were there to see Tool primarily) being blown away by the oils. Their attitude to the oils was forever changed.</P>
<P>It was interesting looking ack at that review, and seeing which bads have "made it" and which havent. Everyone in my age group knows Blonk 182 well, but they certainly didnt stand out in my memory of that festival.</P>
<P>Regards</P>
<P>Al&nbsp;<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "sebastian balcombe" <SBALCOMBE@AGELESSFOUNDATION.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: <POWDERWORKS@CS.COLORADO.EDU>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [Powderworks] fellow Lurkers, don't go back to lurking stay for a while
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 20:46:51 -0400
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Keep the stories comming fellow lurkers, it's really nice to hear from you
<DIV></DIV>&gt;all.
<DIV></DIV>&gt; Al nice story, it's funny if people were to describe me they would also
<DIV></DIV>&gt;always say Oh and he's a huge midnight oil fan. In my high school yearbook I
<DIV></DIV>&gt;put them as my one of my favorite things in life. I also have some high
<DIV></DIV>&gt;school pictures wearing a black ESM tea shirts in the year book. So my
<DIV></DIV>&gt;redneck little town in Rural Vermont will always be reminded of the oils
<DIV></DIV>&gt;when they see me. In a town of 2000 no one forgets you or what you about.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Al how was Equinox? I would have loved to have gone. Tool is one of my very
<DIV></DIV>&gt;favorite bands and I love skunk Anansie. Three of my favorite bands in one
<DIV></DIV>&gt;show is like a dream come true. If you know anyone who has a copy of that
<DIV></DIV>&gt;show I'd love to get my hands on it.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I have a series of questions
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;1. BTW how old are most powderworkers?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;2.How many people are on this forum?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;3.Do allot of you know each other?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;The only worker I know is Bridget that I met at in Oil show in Florida.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Powderworks mailing list
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Powderworks@cs.colorado.edu