Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Tired of Oil?

Randy Van Vliet bigdaddyrv@yahoo.com
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 08:21:52 -0700 (PDT)

I dig pretty much everything that they do.  I've
always been an "all or nothing" type (just ask my wife
and kids) so "if the Oils did it, it must be worth
listening to".  If I tend to skip anything it would be
the early studio stuff because (to me) it doesn't seem
to be put together very well and it's pretty punky and
I left that musical phase behind many years ago.  I
regularly listen to everything from PWAP on and
occassionally listen to the Blue album, Head Injuries
and Bird Noises.
Live, however is a different story.  I have 2 shows
from the 1982 tour and I really like that, probably
more even than the later stuff.

Randy