Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC kitten names

Lina Yune midoil2001@yahoo.com.au
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 03:39:34 +1000 (EST)

--0-855502174-1058549974=:36361

Brigitte,

My 12 year old daughter is suggesting Shifty and Epic.

(well, our 6 months old siamese boy kitten name is Dusty)....

Lina and Jennifer

bmounier@sympatico.ca wrote:
All right creative people, try this one:

I've got a pair of new kittens, brothers, white and striped (one grey, one tan) and I've got to name them. For the first time in my life I'm stumped!! My older cat is called Circe. I can't decide what to name these guys. It needs to be short, evocative and aesthetically pleasing.

I wanted to call them Diego and Frieda but they're both males. I thought of oily names, like Diesel and Dust (doesn't sound good, try calling Dust! Dust!), Truganini and Namatjira (too long). I once called a cat Tom Bombadil so Tolkien is out. Hiroshima and Nagasaki, although appropriate in devastation are too disrespectful. Charybdis and Scylla are not exactly easy to call. I'm ready for a little help from my friends. Places in Oz? Oily references? Mythology? Foreign names? Authors? Famous brothers?
Looking forward to your suggestion on this critical issue.

Cheers
Brigitte

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mobile
--0-855502174-1058549974=:36361

<DIV>Brigitte,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My 12 year old daughter is suggesting Shifty and Epic.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>(well, our 6 months old siamese boy kitten name is Dusty)....</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Lina and Jennifer<BR><BR><B><I>bmounier@sympatico.ca</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; WIDTH: 100%">All right creative people, try this one:<BR><BR>I've got a pair of new kittens, brothers, white and striped (one grey, one tan) and I've got to name them. For the first time in my life I'm stumped!! My older cat is called Circe. I can't decide what to name these guys. It needs to be short, evocative and aesthetically pleasing.<BR><BR>I wanted to call them Diego and Frieda but they're both males. I thought of oily names, like Diesel and Dust (doesn't sound good, try calling Dust! Dust!), Truganini and Namatjira (too long). I once called a cat Tom Bombadil so Tolkien is out. Hiroshima and Nagasaki, although appropriate in devastation are too disrespectful. Charybdis and Scylla are not exactly easy to call. I'm ready for a little help from my friends. Places in Oz? Oily references? Mythology? Foreign names? Authors? Famous brothers?<BR>Looking forward to your suggestion on this critical
--0-855502174-1058549974=:36361--