Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] New show available

Jeff and Jane Scott jscott@iinet.net.au
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 16:57:31 +0800

g'day all

I got around to transferring one of my tapes that's been sitting around
onto disc this week, so now it's time to share it around.

If you're keen on hearing early versions of the songs that became
Capricornia, this show is for you.

It's from the Castle Hill Tavern, 4th March 2001.

Setlist:

Spirit Of The Age
Short Memory
Warakurna
Last Of The Diggers
Blue Sky Mine
Tone Poem
Beds Are Burning
Truganini
Golden Age
Stand Your Ground
Say Your Prayers
Been Away Too Long
King Of The Mountain
The Real Thing
US Forces
Hercules
Overpass
Dreamworld
Redneck Wonderland
Read About It

This recording of Stand Your Ground is a better one than the Perth show
from a week later, which is the only other recording of the song that I'm
aware of.

So, you ask, how do I get it?

I can't be bothered burning discs and mailing them out, so here's the deal:

Email me if you have a high speed internet connection (you're going to have
to download  M), know how to work FTP, and are willing to send at least one
copy of the show to another Powderworker.  I'll pick five people and give
them the FTP account details to access the show.  The files are in LPAC
form, which is a lossless wav compression method - the program you need to
convert them back to wav's is also on the FTP, and is very easy to work.

I'll give it 24 hours or so, then start notifying winners.

jeff...