Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Easy Way to Just Say No to War!

Kate Parker Adams kate@dnki.net
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:37:49 -0500

--=====================_11686484==_.ALT

Dear Powdies - particularly US workers ...

I received this from Wes Boyd, head of MoveOn.  They are organizing an
anti-war media and lobbying blitz beginning later this week.

They are making it very easy to let your congress person know that there
are plenty of constituents out there who do not support escalated
aggression in IRAQ.  If you want them to add your name and comments to the
masses, click on the link in the letter below.

With best hopes for a just world,
Kate

>Dear MoveOn member,
>
>You haven't yet signed our "Let the Inspections Work" statement and we
>need your support. We now have over 171,000 signatures, and we're shooting
>for 200,000 by the end of the day Wednesday. To do this, we need just
>1,500 more signatures from Massachusetts. We've made it especially easy
>for you to take action on this issue. Just submit the form below, and
>we'll add your name and comments to the package we'll deliver to to over
>500 Congressional offices in meetings next week.

<non-working form deleted>

> [...]
>the entire Middle East, and cost hundreds of billions of dollars. Weapons
>inspections, in contrast, are an effective and peaceful way to ensure that
>Saddam Hussein remains disarmed.
>
>Please join our call to "Let The Inspections Work."
>
>When you add your name above, you'll be part of all these amazing events
>coming up:
>
>* Next Tuesday, January 21st, more than 7,000 MoveOn members will meet
>with more than 500 U.S. Senate and House offices, delivering printouts of
>this petition and making sure our elected officials know that Americans
>are opposed to another war on Iraq.
>
>* Beginning this Thursday, January 16th, we'll be running a hard- hitting
>TV ad in 13 major cities around the country, reinforcing our "Let the
>Inspections Work" message. Watch our website for details on this ad.
>
>* Also on Thursday, MoveOn members in these cities will hold press
>conferences to help make these ads and their message into a news story.
>All indications as of today are that our story could break out in the
>national news media in a major way later this week.
>
>Our campaign is starting to have a big impact on the national debate.
>Already, members of Congress are signing onto a separate letter that
>essentially reinforces our message, "Let the Inspections Work."
>
>And the debate itself is coming to a head. The U.N inspection team is due
>to issue its first report on Sunday, January 27th. The following Monday is
>widely seen as the White House's likely go/no-go decision date on war.
>President Bush's State of the Union address is the following evening.
>
>This may be our last chance to prevent a war on Iraq. We need your help to
>make this campaign as strong as possible. Please sign up today.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>- The MoveOn Team
>Carrie, Eli, Joan, Peter, Randall, Wes and Zack
>January 14th, 2002
>
>Thanks to everyone who's supported this campaign through our contribution
>page at
><https://www.moveon.org/donatec4/creditcard.html>https://www.moveon.org/donatec4/creditcard.html
>

>Our Privacy Policy
>
>MoveOn.org will treat your contact information as private and
>confidential. We will not provide your contact information to any other
>organization except the MoveOn Political Action Committee unless you
>specifically authorize us. We treat your name, city, state, country, and
>comments as public information. We may, for example, provide compilations
>of petitions, with your comments, to national and international leaders,
>without disclosing email addresses. We may also make your comments along
>with your city, state, and country available to the press and public
>online. MoveOn.org will send you updates by e-mail. We will do our best to
>respect your time and attention. You can remove yourself from the mailing

Kate Adams
Harvard School of Public Health
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering
kadams@hsph.harvard.edu
(617)738-9102
When someone says, "I'm objective, I take no position," I say, "Well, of
course you do, you've just taken a position." Nobody is objective! Unless
you're a robot - unless you're a machine. And you may be that. And if you
are that, then you have no point of view.
~Studs Terkel
--=====================_11686484==_.ALT

Dear Powdies - particularly US workers ...<br><br>
I received this from Wes Boyd, head of MoveOn.&nbsp; They are organizing
an anti-war media and lobbying blitz beginning later this week.<br><br>
They are making it very easy to let your congress person know that there
are plenty of constituents out there who do not support escalated
aggression in IRAQ.&nbsp; If you want them to add your name and comments
to the masses, click on the link in the letter below.<br><br>
With best hopes for a just world,<br>
Kate<br><br>
You haven't yet signed our &quot;Let the Inspections Work&quot; statement
and we need your support. We now have over 171,000 signatures, and we're
shooting for 200,000 by the end of the day Wednesday. To do this, we need
just 1,500 more signatures from Massachusetts. We've made it especially
easy for you to take action on this issue. Just submit the form below,
and we'll add your name and comments to the package we'll deliver to to
over 500 Congressional offices in meetings next week. </blockquote><br>
&lt;non-working form deleted&gt;<br><br>
reason, just go to
Now is the time to speak up to prevent war on Iraq. This week will be one of our biggest ever, and we want you to be part of it. Next Tuesday, we're presenting the &quot;Let the Inspections Work&quot; petition to more than 500 U.S. Senate and Congressional offices, with each signer's individual comment. <br><br>
Letting the weapons inspectors in Iraq continue to do their job is the only sensible course. A war would kill thousands of people, destabilize the entire Middle East, and cost hundreds of billions of dollars. Weapons inspections, in contrast, are an effective and peaceful way to ensure that Saddam Hussein remains disarmed. <br><br>
Please join our call to &quot;Let The Inspections Work.&quot; <br><br>
When you add your name above, you'll be part of all these amazing events coming up: <br><br>
* Next Tuesday, January 21st, more than 7,000 MoveOn members will meet with more than 500 U.S. Senate and House offices, delivering printouts of this petition and making sure our elected officials know that Americans are opposed to another war on Iraq. <br><br>
* Beginning this Thursday, January 16th, we'll be running a hard- hitting TV ad in 13 major cities around the country, reinforcing our &quot;Let the Inspections Work&quot; message. Watch our website for details on this ad. <br><br>
* Also on Thursday, MoveOn members in these cities will hold press conferences to help make these ads and their message into a news story. All indications as of today are that our story could break out in the national news media in a major way later this week. <br><br>
Our campaign is starting to have a big impact on the national debate. Already, members of Congress are signing onto a separate letter that essentially reinforces our message, &quot;Let the Inspections Work.&quot; <br><br>
And the debate itself is coming to a head. The U.N inspection team is due to issue its first report on Sunday, January 27th. The following Monday is widely seen as the White House's likely go/no-go decision date on war. President Bush's State of the Union address is the following evening. <br><br>
This may be our last chance to prevent a war on Iraq. We need your help to make this campaign as strong as possible. Please sign up today. <br><br>
Thank you. <br><br>
Sincerely, <br><br>
- The MoveOn Team<br>
Carrie, Eli, Joan, Peter, Randall, Wes and Zack<br>
January 14th, 2002 <br><br>
&nbsp;<br>
MoveOn.org will treat your contact information as private and confidential. We will not provide your contact information to any other organization except the MoveOn Political Action Committee unless you specifically authorize us. We treat your name, city, state, country, and comments as public information. We may, for example, provide compilations of petitions, with your comments, to national and international leaders, without disclosing email addresses. We may also make your comments along with your city, state, and country available to the press and public online. MoveOn.org will send you updates by e-mail. We will do our best to respect your time and attention. You can remove yourself from the mailing list at any time. <br><br>
<hr>
This is a message from MoveOn.org. To remove yourself from this list,<br>
please visit our subscription management page at:<br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
Kate Adams<br>
Harvard School of Public Health<br>
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering<br>
kadams@hsph.harvard.edu<br>
(617)738-9102<br>
When someone says, &quot;I'm objective, I take no position,&quot; I say, &quot;Well, of course you do, you've just taken a position.&quot; Nobody is objective! Unless you're a robot - unless you're a machine. And you may be that. And if you are that, then you have no point of view. <br>
~Studs Terkel<br>