Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re:Hypothetical tribute Album

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:06:47 -0500 (EST)

--0-1317816648-1045778807=:68838

 mbachelo@att.net wrote:
>We'd do a reggae version of "Put Down That Weapon," mon.<

Bruce - I can hear this in my head! I think it would work well as a reggae
song, and I am not even that big a fan of reggae!
Yes mon -  I am serious - it gets into your head like an old irish fiddle tune! I do play it reggified on the acoustic all the time, and I have a hard time thinking of it otherwise anymore. But I think it would smoke with a band - laid back groove, whacka-whacka guitar slashes, etc. The stringy part at the front is a bit of a challenge, but the rest of the tune works like nine mile magic. If we ever resurrect our old blues band, PDTWeapon will be on the menu for sure. Hopefully it won't receive too bad a mauling!!!
bruce in calgary

--0-1317816648-1045778807=:68838

<P>&nbsp;<B><I>mbachelo@att.net</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"><BR>&gt;We'd do a reggae version of "Put Down That Weapon," mon.&lt;<BR><BR>Bruce - I can hear this in my head! I think it would work well as a reggae <BR>song, and I am not even that big a fan of reggae!</BLOCKQUOTE>
<P>Yes mon - &nbsp;I am serious - it gets into your head like an old irish fiddle tune! I do play it reggified on the acoustic all the time, and I have a hard time thinking of it otherwise anymore. But I think it would smoke with a band - laid back groove, whacka-whacka guitar slashes, etc. The stringy part at the front is a bit of a challenge, but the rest of the tune works like nine mile magic. If we ever resurrect our old blues band, PDTWeapon will be on the menu for sure. Hopefully it won't receive too bad a mauling!!!
<P>bruce in calgary
--0-1317816648-1045778807=:68838--