Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Thank you Midnight Oil

DGBender@aol.com DGBender@aol.com
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 16:19:02 EST

--part1_33.3427adeb.2b815a46_boundary

Dear Peter, Rob, Jim, Martin, and Bones,

We can't find an email address for the band in all of our bookmarks and can
just hope somehow someday you will read our email of thanks.

We have been avid and devoted Oil fans since we were lucky enough to discover
you on MTV of all things years ago.  We hate MTV, but were flipping through
and there you guys were belting out Beds are Burning and we went bananas.

We have been lucky enough to see and hear 12 of your incredible live
performances over the years and every year hoped and wished that the Oils
would grace the SF Bay Area with your performances.  We even stood in line in
the freezing cold to try and win with my husband on crutches from knee
surgery the day before to "win" tickets to Great America Spring Wing Ding
last year.  We were the last people chosen and I have to admit I was silently
entertaining the thought of bribing the disc jockeys to get my hands on
tickets!

Gentleman, you are THE BEST band we have ever had the pleasure of
experiencing live.  You graced us with perfect mixes (for indoor and out door
concerts), perfect sound, perfectly tight performances and unbelievable
energy.  Thank you so much for all the years of complete awe and total
happiness.

We can't believe that we will never ever see another Midnight Oil regalia and
have been so depressed since the announcement in December that Peter has left
the band.  Now we have our memories in CDs, live performances, and the TV and
radio (NPR) performances we have taped over the years.  Our most memorable
experience was on a work nite years ago standing back stage late at nite at
the Vortex in Palo Alto,CA after your performance getting to meet you all and
having you sign our CD that we treasure.  You were all so gracious and
approachable.

Thank you gentleman.  You were THE greatest and we will miss your sorely.
Good luck Peter.  Kick butt.

Donna Bender and Wayne Cruz

--part1_33.3427adeb.2b815a46_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Dear Peter, Rob, Jim, Martin, and Bones,<BR>
<BR>
We can't find an email address for the band in all of our bookmarks and can=20=
just hope somehow someday you will read our email of thanks. <BR>
<BR>
We have been avid and devoted Oil fans since we were lucky enough to discove=
r you on MTV of all things years ago.&nbsp; We hate MTV, but were flipping t=
hrough and there you guys were belting out Beds are Burning and we went bana=
nas. <BR>
<BR>
We have been lucky enough to see and hear 12 of your incredible live perform=
ances over the years and every year hoped and wished that the Oils would gra=
ce the SF Bay Area with your performances.&nbsp; We even stood in line in th=
e freezing cold to try and win with my husband on crutches from knee surgery=
 the day before to "win" tickets to Great America Spring Wing Ding last year=
.&nbsp; We were the last people chosen and I have to admit I was silently en=
tertaining the thought of bribing the disc jockeys to get my hands on ticket=
s! <BR>
<BR>
Gentleman, you are THE BEST band we have ever had the pleasure of experienci=
ng live.&nbsp; You graced us with perfect mixes (for indoor and out door con=
certs), perfect sound, perfectly tight performances and unbelievable energy.=
&nbsp; Thank you so much for all the years of complete awe and total happine=
ss.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
We can't believe that we will never ever see another Midnight Oil regalia an=
d have been so depressed since the announcement in December that Peter has l=
eft the band.&nbsp; Now we have our memories in CDs, live performances, and=20=
the TV and radio (NPR) performances we have taped over the years.&nbsp; Our=20=
most memorable experience was on a work nite years ago standing back stage l=
ate at nite at the Vortex in Palo Alto,CA after your performance getting to=20=
meet you all and having you sign our CD that we treasure.&nbsp; You were all=
 so gracious and approachable.<BR>
<BR>
Thank you gentleman.&nbsp; You were THE greatest and we will miss your sorel=
y.&nbsp; Good luck Peter.&nbsp; Kick butt. <BR>
<BR>
Donna Bender and Wayne Cruz&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT></HTML>

--part1_33.3427adeb.2b815a46_boundary--