Midnight Oil

SV: [Powderworks] least favourite song per album

Graeme Qewe mortenwebstar2 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 13 20:06:12 MST 2003

Yeah well, I guess it would be pretty self-explnatory, that since you would
think my least favourite compilation consists of better songs than your own,
just as I think yours consist of better songs than mine do.
Originally I didn't like Dust that much either, but lately I like it more
and more, it's so great - phew, that organ! I can understand why people are
put of by Naked Flame, and it isn't a favourite of mine either, but still
pretty nice. And I love Someone Else To Blame (Gifford is very underrated),
Bushfire and Sell My Soul (especially the unplugged version). I agree that
the SIB version of Burnie is better than the original one, but it's still a
mighty song.
Who Can Stand In The Way and Pictures aren't favourites of mine either, but
they are great songs, I couldn't get myself to vote on the first because of
the "Precious moments precious few, when the dollar's more than me and you,
it's a joy of forgetting..." etc. I love that part, and the one with Jesus
crying.
And Antartica is one of my fave songs, I love the strings, such a mood!
Knife's Edge and Concrete are good too, so that IS a mighty compilation
indeed!

Funnily, then D&D, BSM and E&S&M was the albums I had easiet on chosing a
least favourite (alongside Breathe). For me the debut, Head Injuries and
PWAP was the hardest ones. I really do love Powderworks, I just love the
others more....

Graeme

>Bjorn Blomquist bjorn.blomquist at mbox301.swipnet.se Sat Dec 13 04:44:54
>MST 2003
>
>Yes, of course it would have been a different song list if I'd actually
>make a "worst of" Oils. This is just a "least favourite" from each
>album, and most of them are good songs indeed. For example, on a true
>"worst of" compilation I wouldn't include any song from the DAD, BSM and
>E&S&M albums.
>
>However I think the list that Graeme made up is even stronger than
>mine....
>
>/Bjorn

Most
>of the songs are just "good"...