Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] The Worst Midnight Oil Song

simon tracy plumpandmoist at yahoo.com.au
Thu Dec 11 16:19:45 MST 2003

The Oils changed with ESM as they had done so often
before, from Postcard to 10-1, Red Sails to D&D (with
Species in between) and from Blue Sky to the earthier,
organic sounds of ESM, it is a triumph of quality song
writing, lyrics that dared to be personal and self
depreciatory (a first for the Oils) and a band that
was content with themselves. One of my favourites,
although they really should have released Renaissance
Man as the single rather than Truganini.