Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] The Worst Midnight Oil Song

Randy Van Vliet bigdaddyrv at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 17:57:10 MST 2003

I have at it.  Generally I don't like the heavy end-of-album songs.  Nothing Lost Nothing Gained, Somebody's Trying To Tell Me Something, Poets and Slaves fall into this category.  In my mind they kind of betray themselves because they have just put out great music for 40 minutes and then this long, dirge like thing comes on.  I'm often tempted to skip 'em.  But I really do like end-of-album songs like Sometimes, Antarctica, Drop in the Ocean, Lucky Country, and Shipyards so it may be just those 3 that I don't like as much as I like the other material.

Randy