Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] how grouse!

Jeff McLean jeffm at jeack.com.au
Tue Dec 9 07:08:35 MST 2003

    just a small thing.

in preparation for my engagement party, I am (of course) putting all my
oils discs onto my new computer for playing the whole damned lot to the
assembled crowd (not quite).  as i am getting the cd onto the pc, the
genre comes up "desconocido".  i go to dictionary.com to find out what
it means.  nothnig there. no hint.

so i go to google.  nothing - just some spanish pages.  so i decide to
go to the babelfish translation site, and translate desconocido from
spanish (apologies to all you bored shiteless spanish speaking indivs
out there.)  what does it tell me?  it translates as "stranger."  how
unreal!  did the oils set this up deliberately, or is it a common thing
in the music databases?

just a cool, interestnig thing.

cheers dudes...