Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils and Prog Rock

Graeme Qewe mortenwebstar2 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 6 13:02:04 MST 2003

I'm also a fan of progressive rock (Van Der Graaf Generator and Camel are
two of my favourite bands, I think I even listed "Still Life" in the
currently listening to). But I don't think there is much prog-rock in Oils
music, they are great in their own way. Hints of it may be found in the
likes of "Nothing Lost - Nothing Gained" and "Surfing With A Spoon" from the
first album, but I can see, that there might also be bits of it in "Scream
In Blue", "Jimmy Sharman's Boxers" etc. Oh and "Somebody's Trying To Tell Me
Something" also catches some other side of prog.-rock

Få alle de nye og sjove ikoner med MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.dk/