Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Rob on CNNN Chaser

Kate Parker Adams kate@dnki.net
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:45:11 -0400

So what exactly was it these guys were supposed to be doing?  What
instrument was Rob hacking away at?  Fill us in!  Fill us in!

kPa

p.s. My older son's best buddy was over at our house last winter.  His dad
is a professional Jazz and rock drummer, mostly session stuff.  My younger
son was spinning Fibromoon, as usual.  The boys were in the middle of a Yu
Gi Oh duel during Long Time Dead when Gus looks up with a puzzled look and
says something like "how come they let the drummer play the guitar?"

At 08:32 AM 8/29/03 -1000, jeffm@jeack.com.au wrote:
>i'd have to agree.  rob just doesn't know how to play music.  that kid was
>streets ahead.  he knew how to work the audience.  his FEEL of his chosen
>instrument was miles in front of rob's hacking away (in some misguided
>belief that he knew what music was about.)  the kid had IT.  chutzpah in
>bucketloads.

Kate Parker Adams
kate@dnki.net
"She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in,
She's gonna dream out loud" - U2 (Zooropa)
go Out Of Mind ... http://www.dnki.net/blog