Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] 10 years already! Clayoquot Sound Protest

curtis carter arcticbstrd@netscape.net
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:07:39 -0400

Did you see them on that tour????  Maybe it was just their Toronto
performance, but it was rather subpar..granted i wouldn't ask for my
money back after a full day's festivities and good roster of bands for
under $35.  I might have liked them better had what'shisface -Gord
Downie.. not done the same "Oh my god, this is too trippy, I'm going
insane" rant 2 nights in a row!  it was so lame i lost all respect for
them as a live performance...that and they never bothered to change
their setlist..what's with that?  So, take some water and deal with that
cough.  I was a fan of their earlier stuff and liked fully
completely...but i judge a band on their live performance...although i
have to say that i rather sheepishly pretended to be a big hip fan when
Martin was telling me how great their Music at work album was at their
secret Real Thing gig in July 2000 - Thanks again for that Krusty.

Curtis