Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] new music recommendations.... NMOC

Oils21@aol.com Oils21@aol.com
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 19:32:45 EDT

--part1_44.3409c209.2c66de9d_boundary

Lately, I have been listening to Dream Theater a lot, especially Scenes From
a Memory and the 5/18/98 boot that they officially released.  If anyone likes
amazing musicianship, then check out Dream Theater.  IMHO, they are the most
skilled band on the planet.  Classically trained musicians whose music touches
on elements from jazz, to thrash metal, to classical and it could all switch
on the dime.  Totally mindblowing stuff.

Also, Will Hoge's new CD, Blackbird on a Lonely Wire has been getting play on
my CD player.  For non-US people, they are the band that opened for the Oils
on most of the US leg.

Finally, I have been listening to the new Jurassic 5 CD, Powers in Numbers.
If you like old style hip hop with a modern twist, then check out J5.

Cheers

Phil
Bronx, NY

--part1_44.3409c209.2c66de9d_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Lately, I have been listening to Dream Theater a lot,=20=
especially Scenes From a Memory and the 5/18/98 boot that they officially re=
leased.&nbsp; If anyone likes amazing musicianship, then check out Dream The=
ater.&nbsp; IMHO, they are the most skilled band on the planet.&nbsp; Classi=
cally trained musicians whose music touches on elements from jazz, to thrash=
 metal, to classical and it could all switch on the dime.&nbsp; Totally mind=
blowing stuff.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Also, Will Hoge's new CD, Blackbird on a Lonely Wire has been getting play o=
n my CD player.&nbsp; For non-US people, they are the band that opened for t=
he Oils on most of the US leg.<BR>
<BR>
Finally, I have been listening to the new Jurassic 5 CD, Powers in Numbers.=20=
If you like old style hip hop with a modern twist, then check out J5.&nbsp;=20=
<BR>
<BR>
Cheers<BR>
<BR>