Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Semi-MOC:Promos & royalties

Heidi Shenk nedkellytheking@hotmail.com
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:24:39 -0500

Yes...promotional copies of any form of an artists work do trigger royalty
payments.  The manufacturer that is responsible for making the products must
pay royalties if the product ends up in the hands of the public, regardless
of whether people buy the product or get the product in a promotional
giveaway.  The only time that the manufacturer is not liable for royalty
payments is when products that have not been sold or given away are returned
to them.

Heidi

'Put down that weapon or we'll all be gone,
I must know something to know it's so wrong'
                    -Midnight Oil