Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] weirdest Oils song

Dave Schultz dschultz29@hotmail.com
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 00:40:01 -0400

Hey all,

I'd agree with most of the suggestions so far, especially the original one -
'Somebody's...' always struck me as a weird one, but in a cool, hypnotic
way. 'I'm the Cure' has, since my first listen, also stood out from the rest
of their material. Oils at their most punk.
But I gotta defend 'Shipyards'! That song has always been a fave of mine
("chasing history, I left home" -what an evocative lyric). Along w/
'Burnie', I think of it as one of the first of their more sentimental &/or
introspective songs that became more common from BSM on ('One Country',
'Antarctica', 'In the Valley', etc.)

Cheers,                            Dave