Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Fwd: The war ... not funny

Erin Oneill Erin.Oneill@newcastle.edu.au
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:33:54 +1000

--Boundary_(ID_L44NXWg13SBdTOLvNs9t8w)

I've seen the Age articles etc. already.  Scary stuff.  The only thing to =
do is to make people as aware of this as possible and boycott american =
goods etc (which I largely do anyway - as much as I am aware of buying =
american goods! Asia and Suth America.

Oh the joys of it all.

Erin.

er Thomas <a_thomas@bigpond.net.au> 10/04/2003 1:48:20 pm >>>

>Have a read of this.  If it is true, then it is truly sickening.  My
>opinions of this war have been that it is pretty fucked up, but
>generally I didn't let it affect me ... until now.
>
>After reading this, I am going to seriously question ever buying an
>American product again, if a European alternative exists.  And I won't
>be including England on my shopping list either, as it seems they are
>quite happy to sell out the rest of Europe for short-term gains (and I
>doubt they will even get that).
>
>Forward this on to anyone else you think has the intelligence to
>understand it.  If the Americans get their way in this, there may never
>be another opportunity for anyone else to seriously challenge their
>dominance.
>
>http://www.phonono.com/NotaboutOILORIRAQ.html
>
>  As I get time, I will look at some of the other links.
>
>It's pretty scary. And don't get my started on Australia's position.  As
>if anyone can truly believe that we will get any reward for supporting
>the US, except becoming a target for more terrorist attacks.
>
>Patrick

--Boundary_(ID_L44NXWg13SBdTOLvNs9t8w)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2716.2200" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt Microsoft Sans Serif; MARGIN-LEFT=
: 2px">
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>I've seen the Age articles etc. already.&nbsp; =
Scary=20
stuff.&nbsp; The only thing to do is to make people as aware of this as =
possible=20
and boycott american goods etc (which I largely do anyway - as much as I =
am=20
aware of buying american goods! Asia and Suth America.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>Oh the joys of it all.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3>Erin.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>er Thomas &lt;a_thomas@bigpond.net.au&gt; 10/04/2003 1:48:20 =
pm=20
&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR><BR>&gt;Have a read of this.&nbsp; If it is true, then it =
is=20
truly sickening.&nbsp; My<BR>&gt;opinions of this war have been that it =
is=20
pretty fucked up, but<BR>&gt;generally I didn't let it affect me ... =
until=20
now.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;After reading this, I am going to seriously question =
ever=20
buying an<BR>&gt;American product again, if a European alternative =
exists.&nbsp;=20
And I won't<BR>&gt;be including England on my shopping list either, as it =
seems=20
they are<BR>&gt;quite happy to sell out the rest of Europe for short-term =
gains=20
(and I<BR>&gt;doubt they will even get that).<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Forward this =
on to=20
anyone else you think has the intelligence to<BR>&gt;understand it.&nbsp; =
If the=20
Americans get their way in this, there may never<BR>&gt;be another =
opportunity=20
for anyone else to seriously challenge their<BR>&gt;dominance.<BR>&gt;<BR>&=
gt;<A=20
href=3D"http://www.phonono.com/NotaboutOILORIRAQ.html">http://www.phonono.c=
om/NotaboutOILORIRAQ.html</A><BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;=20
As I get time, I will look at some of the other links.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;It's=
=20
pretty scary. And don't get my started on Australia's position.&nbsp;=20
As<BR>&gt;if anyone can truly believe that we will get any reward for=20
supporting<BR>&gt;the US, except becoming a target for more terrorist=20