Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] For Beth, re: Time Off interview

GrnVillageGirl@aol.com GrnVillageGirl@aol.com
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 01:07:17 EDT

--part1_86.20e7e13f.2ac54185_boundary

I'm sure they were "pretty glad" to get home; who isn't happy to return to
loved ones and familiar surroundings, after they've "been away too long"?
Everyone understands that these guys actually have lives and families they
might want to catch up with once in a while; can't blame them for that.
If it makes you feel any better, Beth, I have repeatedly heard from somebody
in a very good position to know that there are still plans (or at least, this
person says there is hope) for the Oils' return to North America sometime in
the near future.
Whether that will actually happen, only time will tell.
America is a long, long ways from Oz, and I imagine the band would have a bit
of trepidation about slugging through another long haul so soon after
completing the last one. This is only my personal opinion, though.
The group still hasn't given more than a cursory look-in to Europe, even
though the official website still states it is going to play to fans there in
"the latter part of 2002" -- it would seem Midnight Oil is capable of turning
the clock back several months in order to fulfill that promise!
How they would fit everything in, including the rumored return to the
recording studio in the American version of spring (where do they get time to
write and mess about with new material while constantly on the road?) -- I
don't understand, since there are only 24 hours in any given day.
Not to make you any more depressed, Beth, but I don't really see the purpose
of another American tour at this point in time: the current record is, for
all intents and purposes, dead and gone over here (that's no reference to the
quality of the album, of course, just the lack of radio and chart action).
Most tours are supposed to promote a new album, which is no longer an apt
description for "Capricornia" on these shores.
If they see fit to grace their fans over here with more shows, I'm all for
it, but it seems rather cost-inefficient under the circumstances.

Okay, everyone: if you believe in fairies, clap your hands! Don't let
Tinkerbell die!

--part1_86.20e7e13f.2ac54185_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2>I'm sure they were "pretty glad" to get home; who isn't happy to return to loved ones and familiar surroundings, after they've "been away too long"?<BR>
Everyone understands that these guys actually have lives and families they might want to catch up with once in a while; can't blame them for that.<BR>
If it makes you feel any better, Beth, I have repeatedly heard from somebody in a very good position to know that there are still plans (or at least, this person says there is hope) for the Oils' return to North America sometime in the near future. <BR>
Whether that will actually happen, only time will tell.<BR>
America is a long, long ways from Oz, and I imagine the band would have a bit of trepidation about slugging through another long haul so soon after completing the last one. This is only my personal opinion, though.<BR>
The group still hasn't given more than a cursory look-in to Europe, even though the official website still states it is going to play to fans there in "the latter part of 2002" -- it would seem Midnight Oil is capable of turning the clock back several months in order to fulfill that promise!<BR>
How they would fit everything in, including the rumored return to the recording studio in the American version of spring (where do they get time to write and mess about with new material while constantly on the road?) -- I don't understand, since there are only 24 hours in any given day.<BR>
Not to make you any more depressed, Beth, but I don't really see the purpose of another American tour at this point in time: the current record is, for all intents and purposes, dead and gone over here (that's no reference to the quality of the album, of course, just the lack of radio and chart action). Most tours are supposed to promote a new album, which is no longer an apt description for "Capricornia" on these shores. <BR>
If they see fit to grace their fans over here with more shows, I'm all for it, but it seems rather cost-inefficient under the circumstances.<BR>
<BR>
Okay, everyone: if you believe in fairies, clap your hands! Don't let Tinkerbell die!<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>