Midnight Oil

Sv: Re: SV: [Powderworks] What lyrics!

Magnus Holmgren oznut@swipnet.se
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 2:04:22 +0200

Brian wrote:

>I cringe when you're trying to write decent lyrics >and come up with "swim like lions through the >crest and bathe yourself in zebra flesh." >(Primitive Radio Gods)

The worst lyrics by far the last 100 years is probably Melanie C's "If That Were Me":

--

Where do they go and what do they do?
Ther're walking on by.

How did you fall?
Did you fall at all?

Are you happy where you are sleeping underneath the stars?
When it's cold is it your hope that keeps you warm?
A spare bit of change is all that I give.
How is that gonna help when you've got nowhere to live?
Some turn away so they don't see.
I bet you'd look if that were me.

How did you fall?
Did you fall at all?

Is it lonely where you are sleeping in between parked cars?
When it thunders where do you hide from the storm?
Could you ever forgive my self-pity?
When you've got nothing and you're living on the streets of the city.
I couldn't live without my phone.
But you don't even have a home.

How did we fall?
Can we gat up at all?

Are we happy where we are on our lonely little star?
When it's cold is it your hope that keeps you warm?
Where do they go and what do they do?

They're walking on by.
They're looking at you.
They're walking on by.
They're looking at you

--

Anyone know if she wrote it herself? Or did she actually pay someone to do it?

Magnus

WebMail från Tele2 http://www.tele2.se