Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] The Dead Heart

Matty S bus2bondi@hotmail.com
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 20:38:23 +1000

<P><BR><BR></P>
<DIV>
<DIV></DIV></DIV>
<P>The&nbsp; Dead Heart stars brian brown and ernie dingo and is up with&nbsp; some of my favourite movies. It does deal with some of the real issues faced in aboriginal communitys and its definantly worth a watch though it doesn't really relate to the oils even though it mentions some of the places the oils have toured. </P></DIV>
<P>&gt;&gt;&gt;There's a movie playing on TV called the Dead Heart, it takes </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&gt;&gt;place
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&gt;&gt;in an aboriginal community in Australia. I was wondering if there
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&gt;&gt;is
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&gt;&gt;any link between the song and the film. Anybody know?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&gt;I don't know about the movie but I was checking out a book on
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&gt;Australia
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&gt;recently and it used the term "Dead Heart" to describe the interior
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&gt;of the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&gt;Australian continent (and the book was published before the song
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&gt;came
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&gt;out).
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;and indeed, the Oils themselves used the term "Dead Heart" in that
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;context in a lyric several years before the "Dead Heart" song.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;