Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] True confessions

Kate Adams kate@dnki.net
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 21:05:26 -0400

--=====================_393337739==_.ALT

Hmmm, I was going to put this in the "guilty pleasures" column, but since
you asked ...

At a yard sale, I found a boxed set of records from the year after I was
born.  It's called "South Sea Island Magic" and the cover reads "Reader's
Digest Pleasure Programmed" and "Recorded in the magnificent new Dynagroove
sound".

Inside are eight sides of cheezy semi-sanitized south-sea island polynesian
audio kitsch perfect for patio parties and any umbella-drink occasion!

Oh yeah ... bonus points for Record 2, Side 7, Cut 1: Red Sails in the
Sunset.  No foolin'!

Other than that we still have a copy of Loverboy - Get Lucky!

At 08:20 PM 9/19/02 -0400, Beth Curran wrote:

>Just got back from spending most of the past 3 weeks on business &
>vacation & found great amusement in the recent threads.  Nice to see
>Johnny Cash isn t forgotten, but those of you who dissed Antarctica in the
>least fave thread will be hearing from me and Kate soon.
>

>So how about a new thread Bare your souls to your fellow Workers and fess
>up to the most embarrassing vinyl and CD that YOU bought yourself and for
>some reason you still have.  Gifts or that Barry Manilow album left behind
>by a former girlfriend don t count.  Here s mine:
>

>Vinyl:  I still have the Trio album I bought in about 85.  The only excuse
>I can offer is that I was in grad school and completely burned out.
>

>CD:  Robert Palmer s Riptide.  What the hell was I thinking?????????
>

>OK, now let s have your shameful secrets. - Beth

--=====================_393337739==_.ALT

Hmmm, I was going to put this in the &quot;guilty pleasures&quot; column,
but since you asked ...<br>
At a yard sale, I found a boxed set of records from the year after I was
born.&nbsp; It's called &quot;South Sea Island Magic&quot; and the cover
reads &quot;Reader's Digest Pleasure Programmed&quot; and &quot;Recorded
in the magnificent new Dynagroove sound&quot;.<br>
Inside are eight sides of cheezy semi-sanitized south-sea island
polynesian audio kitsch perfect for patio parties and any umbella-drink
occasion!<br>
Oh yeah ... bonus points for Record 2, Side 7, Cut 1: Red Sails in the
Sunset.&nbsp; No foolin'!<br>
Other than that we still have a copy of Loverboy - Get Lucky!<br>
At 08:20 PM 9/19/02 -0400, Beth Curran wrote:<br>
back from spending most of the past 3 weeks on business &amp; vacation
&amp; found great amusement in the recent threads.&nbsp; Nice to see
Johnny Cash isn t forgotten, but those of you who dissed Antarctica in
the least fave thread will be hearing from me and Kate soon.<br>
your fellow Workers and fess up to the most embarrassing vinyl and CD
that YOU bought yourself and for some reason you still have.&nbsp; Gifts
or that Barry Manilow album left behind by a former girlfriend don t
count.&nbsp; Here s mine:<br>
bought in about 85.&nbsp; The only excuse I can offer is that I was in
grad school and completely burned out.<br>
the hell was I thinking?????????<br>
Beth<br>