Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] (NMOC) Re: These should not be forgotten years

Miron Mizrahi mironmizrahi@yahoo.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:07:32 -0700 (PDT)

Tony wrote:

> "own up to the fact that US actions in the world create the
> conditions which breed and nurture this evil "
>  Please. You may as well be one of these folks that say we brought
> this on ourselves and deserve it.

I would have to disagree with you on this Tony. there is a
difference between "brought this on ourselves " and "deserve it". no
one deserved this and I don't think Kate meant to say anyone did.
but you can't hide from the fact that US actions have contributed to
the circumstances that brought this tragedy about. I am not saying
this from a condescending point of view and I definitely do not mean
to say "you had it coming". but ignoring this fact when considering
future action would be extremely dangerous. No one said it better
than the Oils themselves - "every action has an opposite reaction"

peace

=====
Miron

What happened to this song we once knew so well
Signed promise for moments caught within the spell
I must have waited all my life for this
Moment moment (Yes - Tales from Topographic Oceans)