Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: .asf files

Miron Mizrahi mironmizrahi@yahoo.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:57:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

as far as I know you cannot view them on mac. ASF is a proprietary
Microsoft format. you might be able to get media player on a mac and
maybe it can do it. I went to Yahoo and entered "asf mac" and got a
bunch of links. I read the 1st few and they all point to the fact
that it is either impossible or not worth it.

as far as the specific cold live at the chapel files go, they won't
even play on Windows. I tried everything. you can convert them to
AVI but the quality is lousy since they are very compresses to allow
for the streaming over the net.

I know there are tapes floating around taken from the Aust. channel
10 re-broadcast of the show but I am too busy at the moment to hunt
one down.

=====
Miron

What happened to this song we once knew so well
Signed promise for moments caught within the spell
I must have waited all my life for this
Moment moment (Yes - Tales from Topographic Oceans)

Yahoo! - We Remember
http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute