Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Breathe

redzed84 redzed84@yahoo.com
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 19:43:18 -0700 (PDT)

OK - here's my 2 cents:

I can't say that I have any favorites. If I'm feeling
mellow, I'll pop in Breathe. If I'm really cranky,
I'll listen to RW. The appeal for me is the wide range
of topics & messages involved. I'm sure this will
sound weird, but I've always thought of Bakerman as
wonderful theme music for a pompous gasbag of a
politician. And Bells 'n' Horns for a Clint Eastwood
spaghetti western. And I love Helps Me Helps You for
the reaction it gets from my co-workers - take it
away, didgeree-dude!

I had 20,000 Watt RSL at work for a while, & one of my
co-workers doesn't like Hercules & Don't Wanna Be The
One (he's says they're "cheezy"). I played RW one day,
& he *really* got annoyed over Blot. ("What the hell
is THAT?") Still makes me laugh. Fortunately, they do
appreciate the messages of many of the songs & we've
had some good discussions come out of it.

Barbara

Yahoo! - We Remember
http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute