Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Singles

Björn Blomquist bjorn.blomquist@mbox301.swipnet.se
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 17:04:51 +0200

Thanks, I could of course have visited the site myself...
However, I don't think that the "promo" singles should be counted as
single releases. They're only available for radio stations, aren't they?

So "Used and abused" was not a single, but there is a video clip for it.
"Don't wanna be the one" was a single, but there is no video for it -
unless it's exluded from the video collection (just like "Truganini")?
So what about videos for "Run by night", "Borderline", "When the
generals talk" and "Surf's up tonight"?

So...
MIDNIGHT OIL: Used and abused (definitely the best cut on the album -
love that guitar solo!)
HEAD INJURIES: No reaction
POSTCARD: Lucky country
10-1: Short memory (or maybe Tin legs...)
RED SAILS: Sleep, Kosciusko (sorry, can't choose)
DIESEL AND DUST: just about all of them... if "Put down that weapon"
hadn't been a single, that's it!
BLUE SKY MINING: Mountains of Burma (but heck, they're all brilliant on
this one!)
E&S&M: Feeding frenzy, E&S&M
BREATHE: Barest degree (the A-sides ARE the best songs on this album)
REDNECK WONDERLAND: Safety chain blues (on this album too, the singles
are actually my favs)
THE REAL THING: Say your prayers AND Spirit of the age AND Last of the
diggers ;-) (OK, SYP is the most favourite.)
CAPRICORNIA: Tone Poem, Luritja Way and Poets & Slaves
- only "Golden Age" as a single so far?

Least favourite A-sides?
Well, "Run by night" maybe shouldn't have been one.
"What goes on" is too bad for even being a promo.
"The real thing" is a COVER version. Enough said.

/Bjorn

 From The Dead Heart site (http://www.deadheart.co.uk/):