Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Breathe bagging

Matty S bus2bondi@hotmail.com
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 20:22:00 +1000

<DIV>I don't have a favorite and least favorite oils album, they sorta all rotate around my CD player and i go threw different stages wen each CD gets a thrashing. I love Breathe and to me it is kinda&nbsp; a darker&nbsp;album suits the cover. I have different oils albums all different situations, Midnight driving threw the city, BSM and Diesel, Cappa for driving threw the bush. PWAP for 4wDing along the beach. I think&nbsp;Breathe its kinda a rainy day/ beach album.&nbsp;Its got a dark rainy day&nbsp;sometimes feeling and suits staying in bed reading and listening to the rain fall on the roof. I hated the album till times like this we're i chucked it on late on a rainy night and went to sleep listening to it. i mean in the rain is brilliant with the guitar picking sounding lik rain drops. </DIV>
<DIV>Breathe is&nbsp;art in its own right</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>&gt;Wow, Breathe sounds like the all-time least popular album. I think
<DIV></DIV>&gt;that's a pity and agree with the others who believe that it's a
<DIV></DIV>&gt;wonderful album. I love the rough edged, grinding guitar sound and
<DIV></DIV>&gt;the calm reflective vocals. Breathe has its own special groove.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;And I may be the only person who doesn't find it to be a challenging
<DIV></DIV>&gt;album and who liked it right from the start. I found the album to
<DIV></DIV>&gt;have a sort of "open", inviting quality to it, and fell in love with
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Underwater and E-Beat right away (2 of my favorite tracks from all
<DIV></DIV>&gt;the albums I have!).
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I admit, when I'm not into it it doesn't do much for me. But when I'm
<DIV></DIV>&gt;in the mood, this album is magical.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Varina
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Care2 make the world greener!
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Your Actions Can Help!
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Support Strong Environmental Protections
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://www.care2.com/go/z/2532
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Powderworks mailing list
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Powderworks@cs.colorado.edu