Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Pollstar article

Dan Brunner dbrunner@execpc.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:37:30 -0400

There is an article on the Australian tour today on pollstar.com
http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=2159

Aussie Posse Is Back
Updated 03:02 PDT Thu, Oct 24 2002
The great Australian outback is set to rock out when Midnight Oil visit
out-of-the-way clubs this fall. The outing runs through the end of
November after which the band will head north for a European tour.
 Special guests Diesel and Sneak appear on all Australian dates.
 "After spending a heap of time in North America this year, the band is
in tough form and very ready to come and play our hearts out in some of
our favorite North Aussie locations," Oil frontman Peter Garrett said.
 This trek is particularly relevant for the band as their latest, and
incidentally 14th album, Capricornia, was named after the tropical
northern reaches of Australia. The album's title is taken from author
and social historian Xavier Herbert's 1938 novel relating to the
European settlement of Northern Australia.
 Midnight Oil have enjoyed a resurgence of interest in their music
lately. During 2001/02, they toured North America quite heavily - their
first such outing since the early ‘90s. Their latest album also marks
the first set of new tunes in four years.
 In addition to their thought-provoking hits like "Beds Are Burning"
and "Power And The Passion," the band are best known for towering
frontman Peter Garrett's bald pate and political activism

--
Dan Brunner
dbrunner@execpc.com