Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Scandinavia....please??

Duane Heath duaneinsweden@hotmail.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:46:54 +0200

Five dates in Germany but nothing anywhere near - financially anway -
Scandinavia? I hold out a candle of hope but I fear it's to be snuffed out
pretty soon by a snowy wind. Having just paid 7,500 kronor to an airline to
get me back to Africa for the summer, there's no cash flow to even get to
Amsterdam! Crushed...and that's not just an empty word when it comes to the
feelings when you're starting to make peace with the fact that you may never
see the Oils again. Funny thing, it was exactly eight years ago to the day I
was in the middle of the week of my life, between my first and second Oils
gigs of what I thought at the time would be many. October 2002, and that
number's still two. Crushed. And to rub it in, mates from London phone
boasting they're off to their sixth or whatever show, guys who still think
Diesel and Dust was their last good album. Oh, I'm just a bitter and twisted
young man.....