Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] m-one melbourne

Beth Curran bcurran@columbus.rr.com
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 11:14:37 -0400

Please, stop, Magnus, yer killing me, I have a miserable hangover this
morning and when I laugh it feels like the one brain cell I have left is
going to ooze out the throbbing lump at the top of my skull.

US workers, if you need to work off a little of the pent up aggression
and political anxiety we are all feeling these days yes oh yes this is a
serious problem for yours truly yes indeedy I'm strung tighter than a
wire then go see the Young Dubliners currently playing at a small venue
near damn near everybody in the US and offering a nice rowdy evening of
Irish rock n roll.  (Youngdubs.com.)  I'm musing this morning that I
don't think I've ever seen a woman with an out-of-proportion boob job at
an Oils show.  Also wondering if threatening to bitch slap the band
unless they played my favorite song would work as well as it did last
night for one of the fans - prolly my only hope of ever hearing Return
to Sender live, huh, Bruce?  - Beth

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu] On Behalf Of Magnus Holmgren
Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2002 5:46 AM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] m-one melbourne

Workers,

I went to this really good, like, festival yesterday! It was so cool!
Someone said it was cock-rock but I reckon it must have been coke-rock,
since they were talking a lot about coke. All my favourite bands from
Canada played like Tea Party, Simple Plan and "fuckin' fuck-fuck
Nickelfuck" or at least that's what they said they were called.

At the end though some old melodies-band called Midnight Oil played and
although some people seemed to enjoy it very much, with a lot of crowd
surfing going on, I didn't quite like it. Even my friend who is also 15
years old liked them but I told him to get fucked because that's what I
learnt from all the great bands that played!

I'm gonna go home now and listen to my dad's Billy 'fuckin' Idol albums
cause I reckon he was really good as well, but I'd better not tell
anyone that cause my friends might think I'm a loser if I admit to
liking him!

Oh yeah, my fav WWA wrestler Big Poppa Pump was also there so how cool
was this festival??

/typical m-one kid

PS. Yes workers, it was pretty bad. But the Oils put on a great show and
there were a couple of us right up the front. Damien even started the
Oils chant and the kids followed. That was pretty cool. Lots and lots of
crowd surfing going on and we jumped and screamed hard enough to get the
band pretty fired up. It was a nice appetizer for the real shows coming
up in a couple of weeks!

Magnus