Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils Songwriting

JamesburneyU2@aol.com JamesburneyU2@aol.com
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:44:06 -0500

Interesting things being said here.  I was on this list when E&S&M came out before taking an 8 year hiatus.  At the time, I remember this album being slammed by most (not all!) powderworkers.  I remember people saying they thought it to be very lacking in comparison to the other Oils works.  I admit, I liked it but didn't think it great at the time.  It seems like it was just an album to grow on people!  It's one of my favorites now, and Truganini and Bushfire have always been two of my favorite songs.  Feeding Frenzy is fantastic as well (I used it as my introduction song into my wedding reception!)
I mean no harm with this, just recollecting the feelings back then and how some of us have changed!