Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] vote for Oils

Andrew Lane andrew.lane@optushome.com.au
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 18:59:50 +1100

Out of all the people I know that are into music, any music at all, oils
fans are the most influenced, involved and interested in what a band is
all about.  There is no doubt in my  these guys get top vote here.

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu] On Behalf Of Heidi Shenk
Sent: Wednesday, 13 November 2002 5:20 PM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] vote for Oils

I'm new on the list and i have to say that if I hadn't been influenced
by
the Oils then i wouldn't have joined the list.  I'm with Damien and Matt
on
this one, and I must agree that the Oils have definitely inspired me
when it
comes to playing guitar.  I also wanted to say that if Midnight Oil
isn't so
influentioal, then I doubt there would be as many people as there are on
the
list.  I bet that everyone on Powderworks was in some way influenced by
the
Oils and that's why they joined.  Does influential always have to be
regarded as something that changed the entire course of music history?

Heidi