Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Peter

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:02:57 -0500 (EST)

--0-873649624-1037062977=:87236

Greetings Powder Pigeons and Fans of Peter Garrett's Head!

     In the unlikely event that any of you thought this thread hadn't been taken too far already:

If what you say is true, Kate, then I have a scheme for making some BIG cash. And I gaurantee it beats any RRSP you may be considering.

Here on the prairies, we're cursed with messy land gulls that eat at the 'sanitary' landfills then come and mute their digusting dump-shite in our man made lakes and beaches. It's SSOOOO repulsive. The authorities place horrible plastic owls and hawks all over buildings, tree tops, etc. in the hope of scaring off the gulls and pigeons. Well, they're hopelessly ineffective. Some of the statues have even been muted on.

So here's my big idea. How about dwarf sized plastic statues in the likeness of our man,  PG,  to frighten off these dirty and cheeky trespassers? It just might work, and it would certainly beautify our green spaces...

bruce 'don't look up' in calgary

 Kathryn Adams <kate@dnki.net> wrote:

Bruce Wrote
>As for a PG memorial bust in NYC - I can't help thinking
>that he would somehow appreciate the pigeons...it would be so....him!

Hmmm. If I were a pigeon, I don't think I would want to come near a PG
statue ... far too raptor-like in my opinion, like an eagle or a peregrine
falcon.

---------------------------------

--0-873649624-1037062977=:87236

<P>Greetings Powder Pigeons and Fans of Peter Garrett's Head!</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In the unlikely event that any of you thought this thread hadn't been taken too far already:</P>
<P>If what you say is true, Kate, then I have a scheme for making some BIG cash. And I gaurantee it beats any RRSP you may be&nbsp;considering. </P>
<P>Here on the prairies, we're cursed with messy land gulls that eat at the 'sanitary' landfills then come and mute their digusting dump-shite in our man made lakes and beaches. It's SSOOOO repulsive. The authorities place horrible plastic owls and hawks all over buildings, tree tops, etc. in the hope of scaring off the gulls and pigeons. Well, they're hopelessly ineffective. Some of the statues have even been muted on.</P>
<P>So here's my big&nbsp;idea. How about dwarf sized plastic statues&nbsp;in the likeness of our man, &nbsp;PG, &nbsp;to frighten off these dirty and cheeky&nbsp;trespassers? It just might work, and it would certainly beautify our green spaces...</P>
<P>bruce 'don't look up' in calgary<BR></P>
<P>&nbsp;<B><I>Kathryn Adams &lt;kate@dnki.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:</P>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
--0-873649624-1037062977=:87236--