Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Ross Perot is alive and well and living on the Powderworks mailing list

Virgil Thomas Alexander Morant v-morant@onu.edu
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 06:49:26 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_031C_01C2894E.7A050940

Maybe my memory is failing, but I can't think of any Oils song where the =
band took any position on abortion or the death penalty, and I'm sure =
from the diversity within our Republican and Democrat parties in the =
United States that having one view (perhaps a left-of-center one) of =
ecological or military issues does not determine what your opinions on =
other issues will be.  This whole discussion is really horribly =
mean-spirited, and I think it's pretty irrelevant too, once the insults =
start flying around about abortion and capital punishment.

Yours,
Virgil,
A member of the Republican Party,
An opponent of abortion,
An advocate for the Death Penalty for certain perpetrators of Aggravated =
or First-Degree Murder,
A man who once had a beard that extended far below his shirt collar,
And someone who feels no need to explain or try to justify any of those =
things on the Powderworks mailing list.

------=_NextPart_000_031C_01C2894E.7A050940

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Maybe my memory is failing, but I can't think of any Oils song =
where the=20
band took any position on abortion or the death penalty, and I'm sure =
from the=20
diversity within our Republican and Democrat parties in the United =
States that=20
having one view (perhaps a left-of-center one) of ecological or military =
issues=20
does not determine what your opinions on other issues&nbsp;will =
be.&nbsp; This=20
whole discussion is really horribly mean-spirited, and I think it's =
pretty=20
irrelevant too, once the insults start flying around about abortion and =
capital=20
punishment.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Yours,</DIV>
<DIV>Virgil,</DIV>
<DIV>A member of the Republican Party,</DIV>
<DIV>An opponent of abortion,</DIV>
<DIV>An advocate for the Death Penalty for certain perpetrators of =
Aggravated or=20
First-Degree Murder,</DIV>
<DIV>A man who once had a beard that extended far below his shirt =
collar,</DIV>
<DIV>And someone who feels no need to explain or try to justify any of =
those=20
things on the Powderworks mailing list.</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_031C_01C2894E.7A050940--