Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] the aftermath

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 22:19:44 -0500 (EST)

--0-1192171872-1036639184=:63282

 Rich Karakoudas <rich.karakoudas2@verizon.net> wrote:
 The masses are blindly fed the media dribble until they do
what Bush wants!

Okay Rich. But let's be honest. We're all at the tit of the beast. But (hic!) we're not all as stupid as was implied by the recent posts. Neither are most of my American friends, regardless of how much you, I,  or anybody disapproves of their political leanings and choices.

"Life is a blessin', it's a delicatessen...cause you got gold inside of you" ~ (John Prine)

>>Bush is a cowboy, the gov't is running amok and no one will stand up to say
>>nay for fear of being unpatriotic.

"...patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings" ~ (Bob Dylan) I'm not particularly interested in patriotism. But intelligence does have a certain attractiveness...being left/anti-capitalist/social democratic/etc doesn't entitle us to throw prejudiced aspersions on anybody - not even supporters of cowboy presidents.

Now perhaps we should heed Glitches' invitation/warning, and take this fight outside? By that I mean Powderpolitics, of course.

"A Canadian is just an American in drag" ~ (unclaimed)

bruce in calgary

---------------------------------

--0-1192171872-1036639184=:63282

<P>&nbsp;<B><I>Rich Karakoudas &lt;rich.karakoudas2@verizon.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<P>&nbsp;The masses are blindly fed the media dribble until they do<BR>what Bush wants!</P></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P>Okay Rich. But let's be honest. We're all at the tit of the beast.&nbsp;But&nbsp;(hic!) we're not all as stupid as was implied by the recent posts. Neither are most of my American friends, regardless of how&nbsp;much you,&nbsp;I, &nbsp;or anybody disapproves of their political leanings and choices. </P>
<P>"Life is a blessin', it's a delicatessen...cause you got gold inside of you" ~ (John Prine)</P>
<P><BR>&gt;&gt;Bush is a cowboy, the gov't is running amok and no one will stand up to say<BR>&gt;&gt;nay for fear of being unpatriotic.</P>
<P>"...patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings" ~ (Bob Dylan) I'm not particularly interested in patriotism. But intelligence does have a certain attractiveness...being left/anti-capitalist/social democratic/etc doesn't entitle&nbsp;us to throw prejudiced aspersions on anybody - not even supporters of cowboy presidents.</P>
<P>Now perhaps we should heed Glitches' invitation/warning, and take this fight outside? By that I mean Powderpolitics, of course.</P>
<P>"A Canadian is just an&nbsp;American in drag" ~ (unclaimed)</P>
--0-1192171872-1036639184=:63282--