Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Rob's Drumming

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 11:28:20 -0500 (EST)

--0-391347874-1036168100=:88296

Damien and all,
I don't know this critic, but it seems you've found the cure: witnessing the spectacle of Rob's live performance. The guy is awesome. If a person can watch RH play and not be moved/impressed, then he should probably check for a pulse.
Interesting that Rob doesn't keep a kit at home. I once read that Buddy Guy never practices either - he didn't see the point in playing without the energy of the crowd.
cheers,
bruce
PS If drumming started with hunters beating out an account of their exploits on an old skull with a pair of femur bones, then it's kind of funny to hear people being critical of drummers because of perceived technical deficiencies...that's not intended to start a flame war with all of you drummers.

[name removed] <example@example.com> wrote:

wanker Jazz drummer who needs to take Rob down with technical bull shit!
because nobody likes his (Jazz guy's) boring textbook bashing

Rob doesn't even keep drums at home to
practice!

it's all about the energy and making every performance stand out

---------------------------------

--0-391347874-1036168100=:88296

<P><B><I>Damien and all,</I></B>
<P><B><I>I don't know this critic, but it seems you've found the cure: witnessing the spectacle of Rob's live performance. The guy is awesome. If a person can watch RH play and not be moved/impressed, then he should probably check for a pulse.</I></B>
<P><STRONG><EM>Interesting that Rob doesn't keep a kit at home. I once read that Buddy Guy never practices either - he didn't see the point in playing without the energy of the crowd. </EM></STRONG>
<P><STRONG><EM>cheers,</EM></STRONG>
<P><STRONG><EM>bruce</EM></STRONG>
<P><STRONG><EM>PS If drumming started with hunters beating out an account of their exploits on an old skull with a pair of femur bones,&nbsp;then it's kind of funny to hear people being critical of drummers because of perceived technical deficiencies...that's not intended to start a flame war with all of you drummers.</EM></STRONG>
<P><B><I></I></B>&nbsp;
<P><B><I>[name removed] &lt;example@example.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<P><BR>wanker Jazz drummer who needs to take Rob down with technical bull shit!<BR>because nobody likes his (Jazz guy's) boring textbook bashing</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Rob doesn't even keep drums at home to<BR>practice!</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
--0-391347874-1036168100=:88296--