Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Reasons and reactions

Jim Macdonald jsmacdonaldjr@yahoo.com
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 07:18:05 -0800 (PST)

I tend to think that if we are going to be fair here, it doesn't help to give a
paraphrased email.  Since you have decided that it is best to share the
correspondence, it may be best if you now share both the letter that you wrote and
the response from Gary Morris.  As it stands, all we have is a paraphrase that isn't
fair to Mr. Morris or really to yourself.

Since you have opened this can of worms, you should open it all the way.  I'm not
sure it was best to share this email without his permission, but since you have, you
might as well now share it all.  Then, it would be easier to be fair and evaluate
what you have claimed.

I realize that you may not want to share letters written in a hostile tone because
it may reflect poorly on everyone, but it already has.  So, I think it would help
now if you simply shared it all so that we can seek to put it in its proper light.

That's just my two cents; I realize that this must have been a difficult decision
for you, and you have my sympathies.

Jim