Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] HelloIntroduction

Neon Swimmer neonswimmer@hotmail.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 23:26:32 +1000

Dear Workers,
Yet another Lurker finally deciding to say hi.
I live in Melbourne, have been brought-up on the good oils and I think have
seen them 16 times live. Unlike my comrades in the US I couldn't see them
much until I was of-age. The first concert I wanted to go to was the
Newcastle earthquake relief, however not having responsible parents I had to
wait for Fremantle New-years 1995.
I've enjoyed all the Sydney Metro and especially Melb Forum shows in the
lead-up to Capricornia. Heard the line in "Too Much Sunshine" evolve from
...took the T-bird away, to ...took the V8 away.
Also caught Martin as he was sneaking past the long line outside the Forum,
managed to shake his hand after juggling the Subway food to my left hand.
I read a lot of talk about how spoiled we are in Aus visa-vis number of
concerts, but it seems as though when american workers get a tour they
alsoget to take the band home for drinks after every concert.

Ihave an Oils question for any motorbike riders out there. When you get up
to a good speed do you suddenly find yourself screaming the words to Power
and the Passion? I did the Great Ocean road today and found Luritja Way was
asserting itself.
Sorry this is very long,

Rach
Bells Beach Backpackers hostel
(Until I go back home to Melb for work tomorrow)