Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Big Hand for the Oils? RH songs, etc

fish_oil@space.com fish_oil@space.com
Tue, 28 May 2002 11:57:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 27 May 2002, "Derek K. Miller" wrote

> So I'd assume the child labour thing is a
coincidence, though I doubt any of
> the Oils would have a problem with it.

One of those strange and delicious little twists eh?
Like the connection with art and humanness that Kate
mentioned.

I kinda figured I was writing between the lines
suggesting anything other than Pete's big paw. But it
was a handy way to clear my foggy head. Please accept
my thanks as expressed by the following sound......
~pausing to clap with one hand~

The HAND stirs up Luritja way for me lately, as in "I'm
reaching out for you across a thousand years" - magic
live eh? - which further brings to mind "Sure could use
a little stone age in the coming century" which brings
us back to Hirsty songs, which IMHO are always pearls
of great price.

Can't you just kind of tell when he (RH) has co-penned
with JM? I think Rob's songs are more poetic and
political. My suspicion would be he's more to the left
than his mates. And gentler (ironic given the way he
smites the shite out of his drums.) Praps even a bit
more melodic and immediately accesible tune-wise. And
his intentions seem slightly more veiled by the art of
one who likes to play with words...

Sorry for the virtual verbal diarrhea,

bruce

Join the Space Program: Get FREE E-mail at http://www.space.com.