Midnight Oil

SV: [Powderworks] RE: Oils on TV

Maurice R. Kelly mkelly@deadheart.org.uk
Fri, 24 May 2002 11:34:57 +0100 (BST)

On May 24, Bjorn Blomquist wrote:

> Heck, the album isn't even released here yet!
> If they really tour Europe later this year, then they should get that damn album out first!
> It would at least, hopefully, help other people than us powderworkers knowing that Midnight Oil are still recording albums. How many Powderworkers are there in Sweden? I'm afraid that we are the only ones who will show up when the Oils are playing here. IF they ever do...

Bjorn's riased some very pertinent points here. The Oils have said several
times that they are touring Europe in the 2nd half of the year. However
they are already making their way across the Atlantic for a short period
of time before going back to the States. Is this the extent of the
European "tour" - and are they actually going to release Capricornia in
Europe at all - IIRC April was touted as an expected arrival time at one
stage.

I think the band would do well to let us know of their intentions. They
don't have to promise anything, just let us know what's happening. And
yes, this might sound like I'm preaching to the converted, but I think
if we voice are opinions on this, they'll get back to the band.

Cheers,

--
Maurice R. Kelly
mkelly@deadheart.org.uk