Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] The Vogue 5-20 & Bogart's 5-21

Showdog25@aol.com Showdog25@aol.com
Thu, 23 May 2002 02:30:39 EDT

--part1_113.11e31fb3.2a1de68f_boundary

I havent seen anyone post setlists from these shows yet, so Ill have a crack
at it:

The Vogue, Indianapolis, IN May 20, 2002:

Been Away Too Long
Too Much Sunshine
Read About It
Truganini
Say Your Prayers
Golden Age
Blot
Capricornia
Luritja Way
Blue Sky Mine
Now Or Never Land
Tin Legs and Tin Mines
Concrete
King Of The Mountain
River Runs Red (1st verse, segued into...)
Only The Strong
The Dead Heart
Dreamworld

Encore:
The Real Thing
Redneck Wonderland
Beds Are Burning
Forgotten Years

Bogart's, Cincinnati, OH May 21, 2002:

Bullroarer
Too Much Sunshine
Renaissance man
Common Ground
Truganini
Say Your Prayers
Golden Age
Blot
Luritja Way
Blue Sky Mine
Spirit Of The Age
Now Or Never Land
King Of The Mountain
River Runs Red (1st verse, went right into)
Sometimes
The Dead Heart
Dreamworld

Encore 1:

Redneck Wonderland
Tone Poem
Beds Are Burning
Forgotten Years

Encore 2:

In The Valley (just Jim & Peter, though Rob came out and sang towards the
end)

I didnt write them down, so this is from memory.  All the songs are there and
more or less in order (the starting and ending songs are correct, the stuff
in the middle Im not positive about the sequence, but you get the idea).

Id have to say the Indianapolis show was better, and Im not just saying that
because I live here!  It was a fans dream come true - we got new stuff, old
stuff, obscure stuff, and well-known stuff.  I was most pleasantly surprised
to hear "Blot," "Concrete," "The Real Thing," and the fact that "Read About
It" was played so early in the show!

There was no second encore, but the band looked at each other before "Beds"
as if to say "Let's just keep playing" instead of leaving the stage and
coming back.  Although a second encore would have been nice (Power And The
Passion?  Hercules?  US Forces?), I was completely satisfied, and I dont
think I had the energy for it anyway...and I wasnt even in the band!

Cincinnati was not quite as good, but I suppose Im basing that more on the
setlist than the performance...I dont think theyre capable of giving a bad
performance!  They pretty much stuck with well-known stuff.  Less old stuff -
NOTHING from 10,9,8...Come to think of it, NOTHING from before D&D! - and
less Capricornia stuff.  Although they did do a second encore, I think both
nights were about the same length (1 hr 40 minutes) total.

See you in Chicago 4th of July!

Jay Montgomery
Showdog25@aol.com

--part1_113.11e31fb3.2a1de68f_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2>I havent seen anyone post setlists from these shows yet, so Ill have a crack at it:<BR>
<BR>
The Vogue, Indianapolis, IN May 20, 2002:<BR>
<BR>
Been Away Too Long<BR>
Too Much Sunshine<BR>
Read About It<BR>
Truganini<BR>
Say Your Prayers<BR>
Golden Age<BR>
Blot<BR>
Capricornia<BR>
Luritja Way<BR>
Blue Sky Mine<BR>
Now Or Never Land<BR>
Tin Legs and Tin Mines<BR>
Concrete<BR>
King Of The Mountain<BR>
River Runs Red (1st verse, segued into...)<BR>
Only The Strong<BR>
The Dead Heart<BR>
Dreamworld<BR>
<BR>
Encore:<BR>
The Real Thing<BR>
Redneck Wonderland<BR>
Beds Are Burning<BR>
Forgotten Years<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Bogart's, Cincinnati, OH May 21, 2002:<BR>
<BR>
Bullroarer<BR>
Too Much Sunshine<BR>
Renaissance man<BR>
Common Ground <BR>
Truganini<BR>
Say Your Prayers<BR>
Golden Age<BR>
Blot<BR>
Luritja Way<BR>
Blue Sky Mine<BR>
Spirit Of The Age<BR>
Now Or Never Land<BR>
King Of The Mountain<BR>
River Runs Red (1st verse, went right into)<BR>
Sometimes<BR>
The Dead Heart<BR>
Dreamworld<BR>
<BR>
Encore 1:<BR>
<BR>
Redneck Wonderland<BR>
Tone Poem<BR>
Beds Are Burning<BR>
Forgotten Years<BR>
<BR>
Encore 2:<BR>
<BR>
In The Valley (just Jim &amp; Peter, though Rob came out and sang towards the end)<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
I didnt write them down, so this is from memory.&nbsp; All the songs are there and more or less in order (the starting and ending songs are correct, the stuff in the middle Im not positive about the sequence, but you get the idea).<BR>
<BR>
Id have to say the Indianapolis show was better, and Im not just saying that because I live here!&nbsp; It was a fans dream come true - we got new stuff, old stuff, obscure stuff, and well-known stuff.&nbsp; I was most pleasantly surprised to hear "Blot," "Concrete," "The Real Thing," and the fact that "Read About It" was played so early in the show!<BR>
<BR>
There was no second encore, but the band looked at each other before "Beds" as if to say "Let's just keep playing" instead of leaving the stage and coming back.&nbsp; Although a second encore would have been nice (Power And The Passion?&nbsp; Hercules?&nbsp; US Forces?), I was completely satisfied, and I dont think I had the energy for it anyway...and I wasnt even in the band!<BR>
<BR>
Cincinnati was not quite as good, but I suppose Im basing that more on the setlist than the performance...I dont think theyre capable of giving a bad performance!&nbsp; They pretty much stuck with well-known stuff.&nbsp; Less old stuff - NOTHING from 10,9,8...Come to think of it, NOTHING from before D&amp;D! - and less Capricornia stuff.&nbsp; Although they did do a second encore, I think both nights were about the same length (1 hr 40 minutes) total.<BR>
<BR>
See you in Chicago 4th of July!<BR>
<BR>
Jay Montgomery<BR>
Showdog25@aol.com<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_113.11e31fb3.2a1de68f_boundary--