Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Why nothing from Red Sails?

Tom Davies tdav@wam.umd.edu
Sun, 19 May 2002 19:59:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 19 May 2002, John Palmer wrote:

> As far as 'Kosciusco' goes, I know it has been stated on this list that Rob
> says they don't play it anymore because he can't get his voice up that high
> anymore.

I've heard that before, and I've often wished they would just change the
song a bit so that Rob doesn't have to sing that really high part. It
would still be a great, great song if it were sung lower. I don't know
enough to say exactly how it should be transposed, but I'm sure it could
be done if Rob wanted to do it. Or if Peter wanted to take over lead
vocals on that song -- I can imagine him sounding great singing it, in a
lower register of course. There's just so much power, so much punch, in
that song.

ah well...

tom