Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: MO and the Tragically Hip/Neil Finn

KATHY GEDLER avesrun@msn.com
Sun, 19 May 2002 17:43:11 -0500

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C1FF5C.A5319A10

How about the similar hair styles of both lead singers!  =20
Bye for now,
Tim

Oh and Stephen, thanks a trillion for the great Neil Finn web info.  I'll=
 be visiting the SevenWorlds site frequently.

----- Original Message -----
From: Serandipitey@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2002 12:00 AM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] MO and the Tragically Hip

Hey everyone, =20
I was noticing, reading the reviews from the Edmonton show, a couple of c=
omparisons between the Oils and the Hip. I was thinking some time ago tha=
t the Hip are the closest thing we have to MO in Canada. They both attemp=
t to take the essense of their country and put it into words. The Oils si=
ng about the desert and Australian politics and the Hip sing about, well,=
 hockey... =20
Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed similarities. =20
No word on any Eastern Canadian shows yet? Still hoping... =20
Take care, =20

Varina =20

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C1FF5C.A5319A10

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>How about the =
similar hair styles of both lead singers!&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>Bye for now,<=
/DIV> <DIV>Tim</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Oh and Stephen, thanks a tril=
lion for the great Neil Finn web info.&nbsp; I'll be visiting the SevenWo=
rlds site frequently.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDIN=
G-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2=
px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial">----- Origi=
nal Message -----</DIV> <DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt Ari=
al; COLOR: black"><B>From:</B> Serandipitey@aol.com</DIV> <DIV style=3D"F=
ONT: 10pt Arial"><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, May 19, 2002 12:00 AM</DIV> <DIV st=
yle=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>To:</B> powderworks@cs.colorado.edu</DIV> <DI=
V style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Powderworks] MO and the Tra=
gically Hip</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT siz=
e=3D2>Hey everyone, <BR>I was noticing, reading the reviews from the Edmo=
nton show, a couple of comparisons between the Oils and the Hip. I was th=
inking some time ago that the Hip are the closest thing we have to MO in =
Canada. They both attempt to take the essense of their country and put it=
 into words. The Oils sing about the desert and Australian politics and t=
he Hip sing about, well, hockey... <BR>Anyway I was just wondering if any=
one else has noticed similarities. <BR>No word on any Eastern Canadian sh=
ows yet? Still hoping... <BR>Take care, <BR><BR>Varina <BR></FONT></BLOCK=
QUOTE></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C1FF5C.A5319A10--