Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Why nothing from Red Sails?

Derek K. Miller Derek K. Miller" <dkmiller@pobox.com
Sat, 18 May 2002 12:59:49 -0700

I've only recently returned to Powerworks after many years, so maybe this
had been addressed, but I noticed that the Oils have covered a lot of ground
in their recent North American sets, from "No Reaction" through a huge swath
of the 10-1 album, and of course everything from Diesel and Dust on -- and
even Hercules.

But have they played nothing from Red Sails in the Sunset? I know the disc
didn't do much commercially in the U.S. or Canada (then again, neither did
Species Deceases, Breathe, or Redneck Wonderland -- which I had to buy as an
import), but I think at least "Best of Both Worlds" or "Kosciusko" would fit
in well.

Any thoughts or speculation? Or counterexamples from recent shows?

--
Derek K. Miller - dkmiller@pobox.com
Writer, Editor, Web Guy, Drummer, Dad

"Gabba gabba hey." - Ramones