Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] UK Fierce Festival (VLMOC)

Tari, Vince fstariv1@NMHG.com
Sat, 11 May 2002 04:05:25 -0500

Well i can give you some advice at least regarding the Oz bands playing
there..............

Australian Pink Floyd confirmed	(a tribute band playing at rock
festival......hmmm.....don't like the smell of that)
Barry Backler - confirmed		(don't know)
Boo - strong rumour			(don't know)
Che Fu & The Krates - confirmed	(don't know)
Even - confirmed			(IMHO, one of the most underrated
bands in Oz. great songwriters & excellent harmonies...you'll love these
guys)
Fur Patrol - confirmed		(kiwis i think)
Kingpin - confirmed			(don't know)
Magic Dirt - confirmed		(these kids play very hard....good value)
Mick Thomas - confirmed		(former lead singer of Weddings Parties
Anything.....almostt in the same folksy class as Paul Kelly)
Midnight Oil - confirmed		(apparently, these guys can play a
bit)
Not My Dog - confirmed		(don't know)
Regurgitator - confirmed		(i like their old stuff better than
their new stuff)
Slightly Alien - confirmed		(don't know)
Sonic Animation - confirmed	(crap)
Spiderbait - confirmed		(these guys are really cool.....and funny)
Subt Lemon - confirmed		(don't know)
The D4 - confirmed			(don't know)
The Meanies - confirmed		(don't know)
Wai - strong rumour 			(don't know)