Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Gear - Been away too long

Jussi Korhonen jussihk@kolumbus.fi
Sat, 11 May 2002 07:27:24 +0300

 >Does any one else think that been away too long is an absolute oils
 >classic? It reminds me very much of the postcard era. the 2 really edgy

Not many people do :) PWAP is my favourite album, but "been away" has
become one of the three songs I tend to skip on the otherwise excellent
Capricornia album. (The others are "crocide cries" and "under the
overpass"). I never connected "been away" with PWAP - I think it's because
the chorus doesn't sound like anything on that album.. but I see the
connection now.

So, does anyone else think the choruses on Capricornia are the weakest part
of many of the songs?

Jussi