Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Been Away Too Long

Michael Bachelor mbachelo@worldnet.att.net
Sat, 4 May 2002 09:02:11 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C1F34A.60939A20

Actually I am very happy to see "Now or Never" in the set. I was very =
dissappointed that I did not get to see them during the ESM tour (Too =
many prior commitments during show dates). I really love that album and =
was sorry not hear more of the material live. I hope they keep it in the =
set for the Seatlle show..

Michael

  I also pressed Rob to include "Concrete" or "Comfortable Place on the =
Couch" (i.e., play more from the RW album), so I'm glad to see =
"Concrete" is back in the set.  That song "free[s] my soul."  Finally, =
if you were at the LA HOB show on 3/21 and enjoyed hearing "Power and =
the Passion" during the first encore, thank my wife for that.  That is =
always her only request of Rob and he usually comes through with it for =
her/us (it helps that he frequently drafts the setlist).  OK, enough =
"bragging." =20
  =20
  Here's the reward for putting up with this message: if you trade live =
CDs and want a copy of my excellent minidisc recording of the LA 3/21/02 =
show, send me your trading list (OFFLIST, not to Powderworks, please!), =
and I'll try to work something out for you.  I may be able to send you =
the artwork done by my friend bART (get it?) as jpegs in an email =
attachment.  I am interested in many other bands beside Midnight Oil, so =
feel free to send a non-Oil list.  Don't forget to include your mailing =
address.
  =20
  I will choose five people to trade with.  At that point, I suggest =
they "weed" this show out to the rest of the list.  That means offering =
the show up for free to two or three people, who agree to re-weed it to =
another few people, and so forth.  This is the fastest way to get a show =
out there.  This method of distribution is used widely on prog_cdr, =
yesswap, the plantation (flower kings' list) and other prog-related =
lists to which I belong. Those who give away a show for free benefit =
later when they are the recipient of someone else's weed; it's all about =
generosity and karma.  We should try weeding around here as a way of =
sharing Oil shows.
  =20
  Bill Wolfe
  =20

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C1F34A.60939A20

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Actually I am very happy to see "Now or =
Never" in=20
the set. I was very dissappointed that I did not get to see them during =
the ESM=20
tour&nbsp;(Too many prior commitments during show dates). I really love =
that=20
album and was sorry not hear more of the material live. I h</FONT><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>ope they keep it in the set for the Seatlle=20
show..</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Michael</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I also pressed Rob to include =
"Concrete" or=20
  "Comfortable Place on the Couch" (i.e., play more from the RW album), =
so I'm=20
  glad to see "Concrete" is back in the set.&nbsp; That song "free[s] my =

  soul."&nbsp; Finally, if you were at the LA HOB show on 3/21 and =
enjoyed=20
  hearing "Power and the Passion" during the first encore, thank my wife =
for=20
  that.&nbsp; That is always her only request of Rob and he usually =
comes=20
  through with it for her/us (it helps that he frequently drafts the=20
  setlist).&nbsp; OK, enough "bragging."&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Here's the reward for putting up with =
this=20
  message: if you trade live CDs and want a copy of my excellent =
minidisc=20
  recording of the LA 3/21/02 show, send me your trading list (OFFLIST, =
not to=20
  Powderworks, please!), and I'll try to work something out for =
you.&nbsp; I may=20
  be able to send you the artwork done by my friend bART (get it?) as =
jpegs in=20
  an email attachment.&nbsp; I am interested in many other bands beside =
Midnight=20
  Oil, so feel free to send a non-Oil list.&nbsp; Don't forget to =
include your=20
  mailing address.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I will choose <U>five people</U> to =
trade=20
  with.&nbsp; At that point, I suggest they "weed" this show out to the =
rest of=20
  the list.&nbsp; That means offering the show up for free to two or =
three=20
  people, who agree to re-weed it to another few people, and so =
forth.&nbsp;=20
  This is the fastest way to get a show out there.&nbsp; This method of=20
  distribution is used widely on prog_cdr, yesswap, the plantation =
(flower=20
  kings' list) and other prog-related lists to which I =
belong.&nbsp;Those who=20
  give away&nbsp;a show for free benefit later when they are the =
recipient of=20
  someone else's weed; it's all about generosity and karma. &nbsp;We =
should try=20
  weeding around here as a way of sharing Oil shows.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bill Wolfe</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C1F34A.60939A20--