Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Chicago show

AFSedelmaier@aol.com AFSedelmaier@aol.com
Thu, 2 May 2002 18:26:35 EDT

Adam and Oilman reporting from Chicago.

The setlist has been posted so I will only make a couple comments to that.
First Read About It was certainly a shock as the 3rd song in the set. River
Runs Red was great and it was only an abbreviated version, no long guitar
intro or anything, Jim played keys for the intro and it basically was about 2
verses worth but great nonetheless. Great mix of tunes and was WELL received
by the sold-out crowd. The interesting thing is that Peter said during the
show that tonight they may draw songs out of a hat to play, I hope this is
true but a lot of this stage chatter rarely turns to truth but it may mean
that we are to get some rarities at tonights show. Concrete was blistering
live, and Poets and Slaves was classic, with Jim on the keys and Martin on
the slide guitar, sweetness.

Oh, Powderworkers galore too, those of us ont he streetteam did the hand outs
of Capricornia postcards after the show to promte the new CD. The least we
could do, really. Trina and the Liquid 8 people there were excellent to us,
treated us EXTREMELY well.

Got to meet up with Indi (the immortal), Jon Helstad, Dan Heaton, Vengu, and
others. Mr. Heaton I only saw briefly as he had a car catastrophe on the way
to the show and only showed up minutes before the Oils went on.

We are just resting up for the LATE show tonight, Oils are slated to go on at
12:15am!!! So I guess the show is 5/3 not 5/2 :)

I think Peter blew some speakers during the show with a couple of his
screams!! It was intense.

Anyway, more news tomorrow.

Adam and Oilman signing off from Chicago