Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] My brief Irving Plaza review!

Oils21@aol.com Oils21@aol.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:40:57 EST

I have not seen anyone write anything about last night's Irving Plaza show so I figured I;d drop a brief summary.

The show was AWESOME! The oils were in fine form and seemed very energetic (as always).  The crowd was good, especially a group of people in the middle that were going absolutely wild at points! I think the band noticed the energy and fed off it.  I was able to secure a spot about 4 people back right in front of Jim so I had a great view of the show.

The show was much longer than I expected.  The and played two encores.  The songs played were (these are not in any order and I may have forgottent one or two but here it goes):

Redneck Wonderland
Too Much Sunshine
Written in the Heart
Time to Heal (this song is so beautiful live)
Luritja Way (fast becoming one of my favorite Oils songs)
Blue Sky Mining
Short Memory
Only the Strong
Read About It
Dreamworld
King of the Mountain
The Dead Heart
Golden Age
Beds Are Burining
In the Valley (to open the second encore)
Power and the Passion
Truganini
Forgotten Years

Hopefully someone will post a set list and fix the order.

Other things of note:

Peter was wearing the red top he was wearing onm Letterman. He was also very talkative last night.  At one point he scolded one fan that was probably pushing by telling the rules for a Midnight Oil show and told him next time he will be escorted out by him personally.

Once again, the Oils showed they have the best harmonies in all of music.  When Bones, Rob and Jim sing it is as if I am in heaven.

I look forward to the reviews!

Cheers,
Phil