Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] KFOG show setlist

Randy Van Vliet bigdaddyrv@yahoo.com
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 11:04:34 -0800 (PST)

Agreed, Agreed.  I was about 6 rows behind you on the
other side of the aisle!  I had all 3 of my kids and
the all really enjoyed  it, my 7 year year old
daughter was dancing in the aisle until the noise got
to her.  It was much louder than the Fillmore show
last year as I recall.  And it was much better than I
expected considering that they went on at 7:00 in an
amusement park auditorium that normally has the Fred
Flintstone show or whatever.  And since the crowd was
sitting for the first half I was surprised that the
band had so much energy.  Once we stood up and danced
it got even better (unfortunately that's when Jenna
began to feel the effects of the noise).  The place
held something like 1400 and I'd bet it was 2/3 full.

Somebody threw an Anti-Nukes t-shirt onto the stage at
one point and Peter said thanks and put it on one of
the amps so it faced the audience.  I'm looking
forward to May 7.
I think the only change in the set list is that I
recall Blue Sky Mine as being with the acoustic
package but I could be wrong.
A couple of other notes, this is the first time I had
heard Overpass and I was blown away.  Destined to be
one of my favorites, lots of emotion (by the way, how
does Peter get that raw emotion in his voice with out
screeching?  Every time I try it I just end up
screaming and the wife tells me to stop it).  I loved
Time To Heal, also one of my favorites and they really
went off on Sometimes.  My 14 year daughter actually
dropped the gloves and danced and yelped when it
looked like Peter was going to broadside Martin on one
of his spinning, spazzing trips across the stage.
Gotta go mow the lawn.  Kind of a letdown after a
night of thrill rides (MO being the best!)

Randy